The settlement concerning the furnishings of the Polish Pavilion of the 1939–1940 New York World’s Fair concluded in 1941 by Stefan Ropp, General Commissioner of the Polish Department at the Fair, acting on behalf of the Polish Government in London, was accepted and approved by the People’s Republic of Poland in 1966. In celebration of the 1,000th anniversary of Poland’s Acceptance of Christianity, on October 7, the Government of Poland transmitted the deed for transfer of property to the Polish Museum of America in Chicago: “1. Exhibits, the property of the Polish government, displayed in 1939 at the World’s Fair in New York, and after the liquidation of the Polish Pavilion at this Fair, deposited by the Commissioner of the Pavilion, Mr. S. Ropp, in the Polish Museum of Chicago. 2. Twenty oil paintings and fifty-six plates of graphics by Polish artists,” that is works created in 1945–1966. The selection of authors and art was made by the National Museum in Warsaw on the recommendation of the Ministry of Culture and Art. It was comprised of artists representing diverse trends while at the same time providing a full range of the characteristics typical of painting and graphic art of the first twenty years after World War II.