An Invitation to Chicagoland Artists of Polish Descent!
In 2011, Gift from the Heart Foundation (Dar Serca) in partnership with the Polish Museum of America debuted Art for Heart, a weekend-long art fundraiser celebrating Polish and Polish-American artists while benefitting both foundations.
That weekend, the exhibit attracted over 500 guests to the Polish Museum of America to view the artwork of more than a dozen local artists, sample great food and drink and support the children of Gift from the Heart Foundation.
Art for Heart is again proud to present an opportunity for Chicago’s talented Polish and Polish-American artists to share their artwork with the community. Due to its success, Art for Heart is celebrating its 8th year and will run for three weeks. The exhibit will take place September 8th-30th, 2018 at The Polish Museum of America.
- All artists must complete an application form.
- All artwork must be the artist’s original work.
- All artwork must be for sale.
- All artwork must be submitted in one (or more) of the following art categories:
- 2-D Mixed Media – Includes collage and handmade paper; incorporates more than one type of material and has relief depth of less than 1/8 inch.
- 3-D Mixed Media & Sculpture – Original, non- functional, free- standing work of any material.
- Ceramics – Original shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terra cotta).
- Digital Art – Original, two-dimensional works utilizing computer technology to craft or manipulate visual images.
- Functional Art – A functional, three-dimensional object which serve a purpose such as fiber objects, furniture, toys, wind chimes, etc.
- Glass – An object made of glass (including blown glass and stained glass).
- Jewelry – The use of several different materials (such as clay, glass, metal and wood) to form a body adornment.
- Painting – The use of oil, acrylics, watercolor and tempera on canvas or board.
- Photography – Prints or transparencies must be from original negatives
- Works on Paper – A two-dimensional design on paper (including drawings, etchings, monoprints, pastels and silkscreens).
Deadline for submissions is Sunday, June 24th, 2018
A panel of jurors will select up to ten (10) artists to participate in Art for Heart. Artists will be notified of the final selection by July 13th, 2018.
Questions? Please contact Andrzej Pawlowski at Andrzej_ArtforHeart@yahoo.com
For event details, please visit www.artforheartchicago.org
Download form [here] .pdf version
Post a comment